Labels

Tuesday 25 December 2012

The Leather Satchel Co.

Firstly...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Now that is done on to the main event. About six months ago I discovered The Leather Satchel Co. after reading a post on Fashion Is My Drug. It is a British company who hand-craft satchels, made to order with any combination of colours, sizes and letters that you could possibly want. The result is a beautiful bag fit for any of your daily (or nightly) needs. 

My amazing mum took my hints and ordered a custom made one for me straight from the workshop.


Wrapped in brown paper and twine




You can have your initials embossed on the bag but I have also seen designs with favourite quotations underneath the flap.

A mark of quality



My satchel is 14 inches (which is big enough to fit A4 paper and books) in British Racing Green with extra width. If you don't want a custom made one then you can find them on Amazon or Asos for about £90 but it really does depend on the style of the bag. A satchel this well made will last a lifetime if it is looked after and it has literally made my day receiving such such a gorgeous gift! 

I hope all of you are having a marvellous Christmas and that Santa Claus brought you everything you asked for! 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, I now have the biggest craving for one!

    Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas, my love xxx

    http://jesuis-hannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a purple one from this company and I love it! The quality is amazing and it carries so much. Would highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blue one. Your bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green and silver look amazing together! I was wondering what gusset depth yours is because it looks larger than normal/perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, it took a lot of of umming and ahhhhing over to decide on the colour. At the time you could just ask for an extended gusset but now I see they have choices of their website. I believe mine is about 33% bigger (the middle picture on the examples they have). I hope this helps and sorry for such a late reply...university has had to take priority for now. x

      Delete